Dear Families, We know this is a very difficult time for everyone to navigate. In order to continue to support you, we are primarily providing services via telehealth platforms. Where possible, tele-health remains the recommended mode of treatment from the Ordre des Psychologues du Quebec (OPQ). Exceptionally, certain therapy and assessment sessions will be held in person when it is not possible to do engage remotely.
To ensure your safety and the safety of those of us working in the clinic, the following measures are in place:
- hand sanitizer is mandatory upon entry to the building and upon entry to the clinic
- chairs have been spaced apart to ensure a minimum space of 2m
- all surfaces are frequently and regularly disinfected with alcohol based disinfectant
- sessions are being spaced out in order to ensure there are minimal numbers of people in the waiting room at a time
- parents of children old enough to stay on their own are asked to wait outside
- clinicians are spacing appointments out to allow time to completely clean the offices in between sessions
- air purifiers are present in the waiting room and in therapy rooms
- therapists are reviewing consent forms with all clients prior to entering the clinic indicating that they do not have any symptoms and that they will abide by the safety protocol
- no therapist will enter the clinic with any symptoms including
- masks are mandatory in the elevators, waiting rooms, and hallways
Individuals choosing with their therapist to return to in person sessions are accepting the terms outlined in the consent form including an acknowledgement of the risk they are accepting.